Context: Recently, the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the ‘Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’.
About Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan
- It is being launched to support nearly 30 lakh migrant workers who have returned to their native districts following the loss of livelihood in metropolis due to COVID-19 lockdown.
- It is focussed on generating employment opportunities in 31 districts of the state which have reported more than 25,000 returnee migrant workers.
- It aims to promote local entrepreneurship along with providing employment opportunities to migrant workers.
- It is a 125-day campaign to provide employment to migrant workers and others in Uttar Pradesh, who lost their jobs during coronavirus pandemic, under various central and state government schemes.
- It is being undertaken as part of the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
- A slogan ‘Rojgar ka naya abhiyan, har shramik ko kaam’ (A new campaign for employment, jobs for all workers) has been given to the Garib Kalyan scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
- It will include work to be given to 60 lakh workers per day and 10.06 crore man-days will be created under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- The appointment letters will be also given to 1.25 lakh workers by private construction companies at the programme that will also see the distribution of tool-kits to 5,000 workmen under the Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana and one-district-one-product scheme.