Context: Recently, the Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Naik has inaugurated the 3rd edition of ‘Defence Conclave 2020, Gujarat’.
About Defence Conclave 2020, Gujarat
- It is a two-day digital conference and on the defence & aerospace manufacturing sector.
- It is being jointly organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Gujarat and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM).
- It will bring together high-level government representatives, key industry and academia to discuss, deliberate and exchange ideas, viewpoints and knowledge about critical defence offset policies, sector analyses and review choices of technology available globally for the manufacturing and production of indigenous defence systems.
- It intends to build on the positives of the ‘Make in India’ vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for boosting the defence manufacturing.
- Gujarat has emerged as a State with excellent infrastructure facilities and can offer both forward and backward supply chain linkages to the Defence & Aerospace manufacturing sector.