Context: Recently, eminent Punjabi writer, novelist and Sahitya Akademi Awardee, Jaswant Singh Kanwal, died at his house in Dhudike village in Moga district in Punjab.
More About Jaswant Singh Kanwal
- Kanwal wrote his first book in 1940
- He was known as ‘writer of movements’
- His famous novel was Lahu Di Lau (Dawn of the Blood), which was published from Singapore in the 1970s
- Lahu Di Lau (Dawn of the Blood) was smuggled to Punjab during the Emergency.
- He received the Sahitya Akademi Award for his novel Taushali Di Hanso in 1997.
- Kanwal penned nearly 80 books and novels including Ainion Chon Utho Surma, Mukti Maarag, Haani, Pali, Puranmaashi, Raat Baaki Hai, Sach Nu Phansi, and Civil Lines.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series