Context: Recently, the Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways has laid the foundation stone of nine National Highway projects in Tripura and has called for the completion of Feni Bridge by December 2020.
About Feni Bridge
- It is a 1.8 kilometre long bridge connecting Sabrum in Tripura (India) with Ramgarh in Bangladesh.
- It is an RCC bridge over Feni River which will improve connectivity to theinternational border with Bangladesh.
- The distance between Sabroom and Chattogram is 75km and the bridge will ease the transportation of goods from Chattogram and Kolkata ports.
- It originates in the South Tripura district, passes through Sabroom town on the Indian side, and meets the Bay of Bengal after it flows into Bangladesh.
- It forms part of the India-Bangladesh border.