Why in news?
Recently, the Ministry of Power launched ‘#iCommit Initiative’ on the occasion of World Environment Day.
About #iCommit Initiative
- It is a clarion call to all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
- The nodal agency for the implementation of the initiative is Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the administration of Ministry of Power.
- It aims to unite a diverse set of players such as Governments, Corporates, Multilateral and Bilateral Organisations, Think Tanks and Individuals.
- It can bring together a diverse spectrum of government and private players to build a new energy future for India.
- It is centred around the idea of building an energy resilient future and the pre-requisite for that goal is to create a flexible and agile power system.
- It will also celebrate and promote key undertakings of Government of India such as National Electric Mobility Mission 2020, FAME 1 and 2, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana, the Saubhagya Scheme, Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY), Atal Distribution system Improvement Yojana (AJAY), Smart Meter National Programme, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahaabhiya (KUSUM), Solar Parks, Grid Connected Rooftop, Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LED for All (UJALA), Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) amongst others.