Context: Recently, a research was conducted which shows that Kanjli wetland is threatened by 16 invasive species of plants.
More About News
- The research was conducted by a forestry student Bageshwar Singh
- Out of 109 species of vascular plants observed in the study area, 16 are included in the list of invasive alien species.
- Bio invasion is a great cause of species extinction.
- According to the Convention on Biological Diversity 1992, invasion of the alien species is the second-worst cause of loss of biodiversity in the world.
- The invasive species in Kanji wetland are Alligator weed, Galinsoga, Common Cocklebur, Oriental false Hawksbeard, Congress grass, Goatweed, Link coffee senna, Subabool, Mesquite/ Vilayati kikar, Caesar weed, Broomweed, Common wireweed, Creeping woodsorrel, Water Hyacinth, Big sage and Aak.
|What is BIO-INVASION?|
It is invasion and expansion by an alien exotic species at the cost of the native ones.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series