Context: Recently, the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying has released the first edition of the Fisheries and Aquaculture Newsletter-“Matsya Sampada”.
About Fisheries and Aquaculture Newsletter-Matsya Sampada
- It is an outcome of the endeavours of the Department of Fisheries to reach out to the stakeholders especially fishers and fish farmers through various means of communication.
- Its objective is to inform and educate stakeholders about the latest developments in the fisheries and aquaculture sector.
- It would be published on a quarterly basis starting from the first quarter of the year 2020-21.
- It aims to communicate the governmental initiatives in fisheries sectorincluding the good works being done both by government as well as the private sector.
- It would serve as an important medium for disseminating information among the stakeholders especially fishers, fish farmers, youth and entrepreneurs across the country, assist them and facilitate in ease of doing business.
- It is likely to serve as an effective tool and platform in disseminating the intent and initiatives of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) for crystalizing public opinion in the collective effort towards reaching the envisaged goals.