Our body consists of numerous cells that are functioning continuously to keep us alive. To understand how these cells grow and then develop the capability to perform specialized function, we need an in depth study of cell lineage.
- Researcher from IIT Kanpur has developed a new computer algorithm to reconstruct cell lineages to understand the cell differentiation at different level.
- The algorithm, called the LinTIMaT, can also be very helpful in understanding pathological conditions in cells such as cancer.
What is cell?
- Cells are the basic building blocks of living things. The human body is composed of trillions of cells, all with their own specialized function.
- Cells are the basic structures of all living organisms.
- Cells provide structure for the body, take in nutrients from food and carry out important functions.
- Cells group together to form tissues, which in turn group together to form organs, such as the heart and brain.