Context: Recently, Finance minister of Punjab, Manpreet Singh Badal presented Budget of Punjab for financial year 2020-2021.
More about Punjab Budget 2020
- Proposed revenue receipts – ₹ 88,004 crore
- Proposed revenue expenditure – ₹ 95,716 crore
- Revenue deficit – ₹7,712 crore
- Fiscal deficit – ₹18,828
- ₹100 crore are allocated for giving 10 lakh free smartphones to the youth.
- ₹4,675 crore earmarked for health sector.
- ₹13,092 crore allocated with a proposal of free education for all students in government schools up to Class 12.
- ₹10 crore allocated for providing free transportation facility to students of Primary Schools
- It proposes setting up of 2 agriculture colleges at Gurdaspur and Balachaur
- ₹520 crore has been allocated to waive off debt of landless farm labors
- Mandi fee will be reduced from 4% to 1%.
- It estimated outstanding debt of ₹2,48,236 crore for 2020-21
- It also reduced the retirement age of state government employees from 60 to 58
- For the Punjab state govt employees, 6% dearness allowance (DA) was announced along with the implementation of the 6th Pay Commission recommendations in 2020-21.
- It proposes to waive Change of Land Use (CLU) charges for 2 years.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series