Context: As per Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), an action plan for Agriculture Export Policy (AEP) to enhance exports has been finalized by eight states namely Punjab, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Assam, and Karnataka.
More about news:
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) ensures the involvement for states in AEP.
- A MoU was signed with the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) to include co-operatives for active role in AEP. Over 800 farmers producer organizations were signed the agreement.
- The product clusters selected are Jalandhar, Punjab (Potato), Sangli, Maharashtra (Grapes), Salem, Tamil Nadu (Poultry products), Theni, Tamil Nadu (Banana), Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh (Mango), Indore, Madhya Pradesh (Onion), Jodhpur, Rajasthan (Isabgol) and Chikkaballapur, Karnataka (Rose Onion).
- APEDA: APEDA was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December 1985.
About Agriculture Export Policy:
- Agriculture Export Policy was approved by the Union Cabinet in 2018.
- It aims to increase the potential of Indian agriculture to make India a global power in agriculture.
- This policy also helps the government in achieving the target of doubling the farmer’s income from 30 billion USD to 60 billion USD by 2022.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series