About Captain Smart Connect Scheme
- The scheme would be undertaken and monitored by the Department of Sports and Youth affairs.
- The scheme has been notified for the girl students of government schools studying in classes 11th and 12th.
- In the first phase of the scheme, 1.6 lakh smartphones would be distributed to the girls who do not possess the device free of cost.
- The students in the final year of government Industrial Training Institutes and colleges can also be a part of the scheme.
- Smartphones would be distributed to the needy students. (The company was decided through an open bidding process).
- The government is spending around ₹ 5000 on every phone.
- Two apps named CM Connect and CMs Dashboard would be uploaded on that so that the students can read about various schemes of the government.