Context: Sangeet-Natak Akademi awardee Dhadi folk singer Idu Sharif passed away at 80
More about news:
- On January 8,2020 Dhadi folk singer Idu Sharif 80 years old died at Manji Majra, Chandigarh on January 8, 2020.
- He was suffering from paralysis.
- Idu Sharif was born in the village Lalodi of Nabha in Patiala,Punjab.
- He received an award from Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi and Tamra Patra award in 2006.
- He also received Punjab Sangeet Natak Akademi award, Professor Mohan Singh award, Shiromani Dhadi Puraskar award in 2008.
- Dhadi folk singer Idu Sharif sings ballads and uses folk instrument ‘Dhadd’.
About Sangeet Natak Akademi
- The Sangeet Natak Akademi is India’s national academy for music, dance and drama.
- It was created by a resolution of the (then) Ministry of Education, Government of India, in 1952 with Dr P.V. Rajamannar as its first Chairman.
- It is presently an Autonomous Body of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and is fully funded by the Government for implementation of its schemes and programmes.