Context: Recently, Department of commerce and industry launched a project to equip and empower women by providing them e-rikshaws.
More about news
- Hoshiarpur has become the first district to launch this scheme.
- Jaswinder Kaur has become the first women e-rikshaw driver.
- Under the first phase of this scheme, 42 women are selected and provided proper training.
- For safety and security, all the women’s e-rickshaws would be equipped with GPS-enabled systems, and their location can be monitored any time from the control room.
- E-rickshaws will be run within the city area only.
- Most of the women chosen by the Punjab government to receive training for driving the e-rickshaws come from economically-weaker sections of the society.
- This scheme aims not to just provide with a means of livelihood but also a sense of empowerment.
Source: The Indian Express
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series