Context: Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh today unveiled amended people-friendly Punjab Municipal Building Bye-Laws.
More about News:
- It plugs the deficiencies in the earlier provisions and seeking to give a boost to the sluggish construction and infrastructure development activity in the state.
- Under the amended bylaws, parking norms have been relaxed and mixed land use has been allowed.
- The aim was to ensure hassle-free and seamless construction activity, whether of residential or commercial and industrial buildings, including hotels and mini plex cinemas.
- As per the amended bylaws, Cinemas would now be considered as miniplexes, with their capacity enhanced to four from the earlier two, and the seats increased to 999 without any bar of minimum seats per cinema fixed at 250 earlier.
- For inviting investments in small ULBs, the frontage of the plot for miniplex has been reduced to accommodate the small plot sizes in Class I and II towns.
- Further, the owner or builder can now convert his existing Cinema to Miniplex with the commercial component on 50 feet wide road too. Ground coverage of mini plex has also been increased