Context: Recently, Punjab Cabinet has cleared the decks for the state to launch its own Scheduled Caste Post Matric Scholarship Scheme in place of the Centre’s scheme, in order to facilitate students to pursue higher education in government and private institutions.
More About News
- As per the revised income criteria, the combined income of both the parents for a student to avail assistance under the new scheme has been enhanced from Rs 2.50 lakh to Rs 4 lakh to accommodate more Scheduled Caste (SC) students.
- The Cabinet, approved the Dr BR Ambedkar SC Post Matric Scholarship Scheme, to be effective from 2021-22.
- The scheme will be applicable to persons belonging to the SC, who are domiciled in Punjab and have done matriculation from Punjab and Chandigarh.
- All Central, state government and private institutions in Punjab and Chandigarh will be covered under the scheme.
- It will benefit around 2-3 lakh students every year.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Mock Test Series