Context: Muktsar adopts Robots to clean the manholes.
More about news
- Muktsar has become the first district in the state to adopt the Robotic Technology for sanitation.
- It would be utilised for cleaning manhole and septic tanks.
- The water supply and sanitation department of the state has purchased the robot from a Kerala based company for ₹ 90 lakh.
- The company would also provide 5-year maintenance and training to the local staff for 6 months.
- Big machines cannot enter the narrow streets and lanes to clean the manholes.
- Also, due to poisonous gases and unhygienic conditions, many persons have lost lives while cleaning the sewers.
- The Robot has Cameras and has Robotic arm with 360° mobility. It has a small bucket to collect the waste.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series