Context: As per a survey conducted by the forest and wildlife department of Punjab, World Wildlife Fund and some bird watchers the numbers of migratory birds arriving in 4 of the state’s wetlands have decreased.
More about news
- The change in climate pattern has affected the number of winged visitors in the state.
- Due to delayed winters and other factors, the birds’ movement from Russia and other cold areas of Asia has got disturbed.
- The birds mainly arrive from Kazakhstan, Russia and other cold areas between mid-October and December.
- Nangal, Ranjit Sagar, Keshopur, and Harike witnessed decline.
- Harike has witnessed a massive decline of around 25 % i.e. around 32000.
- Ropar and Kanjli have experienced a slight increase in the numbers of the migratory birds.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series