Context: Recently, the Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) has released the India Rankings 2020 for Higher Educational Institutions.
Key Highlights of India Rankings 2020 for Higher Educational Institutions
- IIT Madras retains 1st Position in Overall Ranking as well as in Engineering.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru tops the University list.
- Miranda College retains 1st position amongst colleges for third consecutive year.
- IIM Ahmedabad tops in Management Category and AIIMS occupies the top slot in Medical category for third consecutive year.
- Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi secures 1st position in “Dental” category.
- The dental institutions included for first time in India Rankings 2020.
About National Institutional Ranking Framework Rankings
- It was approved by the MHRD and launched by the then Honorable Minister of Human Resource Development on 29th September 2015.
- The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD, to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions.
- The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources”, “Research and Professional Practices”, “Graduation Outcomes”, “Outreach and Inclusivity” and “Perception”.
- Till now the list has been published in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Source: The Hindu