Rewa Solar Power Project

Contexts: Recently, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Asia’s largest solar project in Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh.

About Rewa Solar Power Project

  • This is the first solar project in the country to break the “grid parity barrier”.
  • It was developed by Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL). The company is a joint venture of Solar Energy Corporation of India and Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Limited MPUVN).
  • It is expected to reduce carbon emission equivalent to around 15 lakh tons of CO2 per year.
  • 76% of energy from the project will be supplied to State DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh and the remaining 24% will be supplied to the Delhi Metro

Leave a Reply