Context: Recently, the Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform for Higher Education Institutes.
About ‘YUKTI 2.0’ Platform for Higher Education Institutes
- Its objective is to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in our higher education institutions.
- It is a logical extension of earlier version of ‘YUKTI’, an initiative of MHRD, to identify ideas relevant in COVID pandemic.
- It will also help in fostering the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in our academic institutions.
- It will also help the government to identify bottlenecks and formulate appropriate policies to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in the country.
- It will prove to be a milestone towards promoting innovations and entrepreneurship culture in our higher education system and involving youth in nation building.
- It needs to emerge as Market place for connecting innovators with investors, so that innovative technologies can be taken forward for commercialization.