23rd National Youth Festival 2020 held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- The 23rd edition of the National Youth Festival (NYF) 2020 was held at Indira Pratishthan, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was jointly organised by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) and State Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The theme of the 2020 NYF was “Fit Youth, Fit India”.
- The NYF has been organised by the govt since 1995 with an objective to give an opportunity to the youth of the country to showcase their talent.
Four Indian airports received international recognition for reducing emissions as per Airports Council International
- The Airports Authority of India has announced that four Indian airports have received international recognition for reducing the carbon emission level as per the standards set by Airports Council International for the grading.
- The 4 airports are as follows:
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport – Kolkata
- Biju Patnaik International Airport – Odisha
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport – Varanasi
- Trivandrum International Airport – Trivandrum
Uttar Pradesh became 1st state to shortlist migrants for citizenship
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) became the 1st state in India to conduct an exercise to shortlist migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan for eligibility under the new Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) 2019.
- All the 75 district magistrates of UP have been asked to track down migrants from the above three countries who have settled without citizenship for decades.
India’s 1st War Memorial for Animals to be set up in Meerut, UP
- The war memorial will come at army’s specialized breeding, rearing training centre for animals in the Remount and Veterinary Corps (RVC) Centre and College in Meerut.
Eight States finalized Agriculture Export Policy by the Government of India
- As per Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, eight states namely Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Punjab, and Karnataka finalized an action plan for Agriculture Export Policy to enhance exports.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority ensures the involvement for states in AEP.
- APEDA launched the Farmer connect portal on its website to interact with exporters.
- Under the guidance of APEDA, states are operating a market intelligence cell.
Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran to become India’s first model sports villages
- Two villages namely Bahadurpur and Kheri Viran of Uttar Pradesh (UP) have set to become India’s first ‘Model Sports villages’.
- They will be a part f Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad, UP ‘Adarsh Khel Gram’ program in association with NGO Sports: A Way of Life.
Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation launched ‘Damini’ helpline service for women in Uttar Pradesh
- As the extension of ‘Nirbhaya Yojana’ the unique number “81142-77777” has been subscribed for this helpline.
- It was launched by transport minister Ashok Kataria in Lucknow, UP.
- ‘Damini’ helpline service for the safety of the women passengers in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
Uttar Pradesh government announced to build a 121-acre zoo named after Ashfaqullah Khan
- The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved a proposal to set aside Rs.234 crore for a zoological garden spread across 121 acres in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is to be named after the freedom fighter and revolutionary Shaheed Ashfaqullah Khan.
Shivalik Mercantile became 1st urban cooperative bank to convert to SFB
- The Reserve Bank of India, gave approval to Uttar Pradesh based Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd to convert to a small finance bank.
- The RBI will grant licence to Shivalik Mercantile bank for the commencement of banking business under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 as an SFB.
14th edition of ELECRAMA 2020 held in Greater Noida, UP
- The event aims to showcase the Indian electrical industry and provide platform to connect the world with Indian industry with respect to technology, modern trends and innovation for future energy transition.
- It was organized by Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers’ Association.
- The ELECRAMA 2020 chairman is Anil Saboo.
NITI Aayog’s Aspirational district ranking: Chandauli of UP tops in December 2019
- Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh (UP) has topped the list of aspiring districts in December 2019 with the score of 57.6.
Very Good Morning mobile app
- It is developed by the Students of Indian Institute of Technology-Banaras Hindu University.
- It aims to check crimes against women.
10 more wetlands from India declared as Ramsar sites
- The 10 newly added Ramsar sites are as follows:
- Nandur Madhameshwar: This is the 1st Ramsar site of Maharashtra.
- Keshopur-Miani, Beas Conservation Reserve, and Nangal: These 3 Ramsar sites are newly added to Punjab.
- Nawabganj, Parvati Agra, Saman, Samaspur, Sandi and SarsaiNawar: These 6 Ramsar sites have been newly added to Uttar Pradesh (UP) apart from 1 Ramsar site it already had.
Noted Urdu poet AjmalSultanpuri passed away at 97
- He was born in 1923 in Harakhpur in Sultanpur district, UP.
- The two popular poems of AjmalSultanpuri are “KahanHai Mera Hindustan” and “Agar Main Tera Shahjahan”.
- It is for Auto-rickshaws in Ghaziabad to bear unique number aim to curb crime.
Central and UP government renamed 4 railway stations of Prayagraj
- Allahabad Junction will now be Prayagraj Junction, Allahabad City will now be known as Prayagraj Rambag, Allahabad Chhioki has been changed to Prayagraj Chheoki& the name of Prayagghat to Prayagraj Sangam.
KhwajaMoinuddinChishti Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University renamed
- The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved a proposal to change the name of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Urdu, Arabi-Farsi University in Lucknow.
- The Cabinet has decided to rename the university as Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Languages University.
- For this, the State University Act – 1973 will be amended.
- The decision was taken believing that besides English, foreign languages- French, German, Japanese are essential for employment and development of knowledge.
Ensemble Methods in Modelling and Data Assimilation 2020
- It was organised by the National Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasting.
- It is a bilateral air exercise between India and UK.
- It was held in Hindon, Uttar Pradesh.
UP CM Yogi Adityanath sets up ‘Team-11’ to beat Coronavirus.
- UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has set up ‘Team-11’ comprising of as many inter-departmental committees to fight the coronavirus spread and its multi-lateral fallouts on multiple fronts ranging from ensuring medicare to victims to the supply of essentials and tackle long marches of jobless workers back home.
- Each of the committees will be headed by a senior bureaucrat of the state while the the chief minister himself will be the head of the Team 11.
- He has formed 11 inter-departmental committees with over two dozen senior government officials working at crucial levels under the CM’s supervision.
UP govt launches Annapurna, Supply Mitra portals for citizens’ food needs
- The Annapurna portal will help people get the knowledge of food products and packets.
- Supply Mitra portal will provide free home delivery of eatables.
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath launches ‘Ayush Kavach-COVID’ App
- It has been developed by the AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) Department of UP.
- It provides measures to boost immunity based on natural resources.
Pravasi Raahat Mitra
- Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Pravasi Raahat Mitra’ mobile application.
- It is developed by the state revenue department in collaboration with United Nation Development Program.
- It aims to provide support for the migrant workers of Uttar Pradesh in other states to access the advantages of the government schemes.
Declaration of Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh as an International Airport
- The Union Cabinet has given its assent for the declaration of airport in Uttar Pradesh’s (UP) Kushinagar as an international airport.
- The town has pilgrimage sites in Lumbini, Shravasti, Kapilvastu.
- It is to be noted that Gautama Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana after his death at Kushinagar.
Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana
- It is for child labourers who are 8-18 years old.
- It aims to educate orphans and worker’s children or child labourers & ensure their healthy life.
- It provides financial assistance to the selected students of Rs 1000 per month to boys and Rs 1200 to girls.
Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana
- It is an all-round development scheme for the Scheduled Castes(SC).
- It aims to provide financial assistant to support people to become self-dependent.
- The Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur has developed a virtual classroom aid, ‘Mobile Masterjee’.
- It is a classroom-to-home teaching setup, which enables students to record teachers’ lectures/instructions while using smartphones.
IIT Kanpur Develops SHUDH
- The Imagineering Laboratory department of IIT Kanpur has developed an Ultraviolet (UV) sanitizing product, ’SHUDH’.
- It is a smartphone operated Handy UV Disinfection Helper.
Manduadih Railway Station to be renamed as ‘Banaras’
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) approved the renaming of Manduadih Railway Station in Uttar Pradesh (UP) as ‘Banaras’.
Major Dhyan Chand Vijaypath Yojana
- It aims to Build Roads to 19 International Player’s houses.
- The list includes Indian Cricketers Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Piyush Chawla and Mohammad Kaif.
- A road will be named after Late Cricketer and Former Cabinet Minister ChetanChauhan.