Context: Recently, an Israeli team led by a high ranking research and development (R&D) defence official, arrived in India under ‘Operation Breathing Space’.
- It is a multi-pronged mission which aims to work with Indian authorities on the coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
- Under the operation, four different kinds of rapid tests i.e. audio test, a breath test, thermal testing, and a polyamino test will be conducted.
- In the audio test, a patient’s voice would be recorded and evaluated through artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- The breath test would involve making the patient blow into a tube, which would be analysed through specialised “high-frequency” methodology.
- Thermal testing will enable identification of the virus in a saliva sample.
- Polyamino acids test seeks to isolate proteins related to Covid-19.