Uttarakhand has some of the tallest and mostbeautiful peaks of the great Himalayas in India, Many Himalaya mountain peaks of Uttarakhand are unclimbed and unnamed are situated in the Karakoram ranges,Garhwal and Kumaon Himalayas.The major hills of Uttarakhand Himalaya:
- Nanda Devi: The Nanda Devi is the second highest mountain peak in India and highest entirely within the country. Nanda Devi main summit is 7,816 m (25,643 ft) high located at Chamoli District and Nanda Devi East is 7,434 m (24,390 ft) high in Pithoragarh-Chamoli. The peak of Nanda Devi is a national park known as Nanda Devi National Park and Valley of Flowers National Park at northwest.
- Kamet: Kamet is the second tallest mountain in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand in the Chamoli District, It is 29th highest mountain peak in the world and 3rd highest mountain in Indian Territory.
- Tirsuli: Tirsuli is one of the top 10 highest Himalayan mountain peak of Uttarakhand, situated in the Pithoragarh district of Kumaon region. It is part of the complex Greater Himalaya Mountains.
- Satopanth: Satopanth mountain peak is major peak of the Garhwal division of the Himalayas and very famous for its Satopanth Glacier, Satopanth Tal or Satopanth Lake. Garhwal region is very famous for its amazing snow-capped peaks.
- Chaukhamba I: Chaukhamba I is the main summit and the highest peak in the Gangotri Group of the Garhwal Himalaya, It has four mountain summits other are known as Chaukhamba II, Chaukhamba III and Chaukhamba IV.
- AbiGamin: Abi Gamin Mountain peak is situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand and very famous for Joshimath Trek. Joshimath is gateway to several Himalayan mountain climbing expeditions, trekking trails and pilgrim centers.
- Mukut Parbat: The Mukut Parbat is situated in the Garhwal Himalayas, It is the four main peaks of the Kamet group known as (Kamet, Abi Gamin, Mukut Parbat, Mana). Mukut Parbat is well famous peak in the Uttarakhand.
- Mana Peak: Mana Peak is one of the three Himalayan peaks linked by a ridge, Kamet, Abi Gamin and Mukut Parbat being other. Badrinath the land of God Shiva offers amazing view of the Mana Peak.
- Hardeol: The Temple of God or Hardeol is situated in Kumaon Himalaya and known as one of the major peaks of Pithoragarh district. Hardeol is guarding the Nanda Devi Sanctuary from the northeast corner.