Context: Recently, Indian Railways has launched a robot called ‘Rail Mitra’ in order to strengthen India’s fight against coronavirus.
About Rail Mitra
- It has been developed by the railways to distribute medicines, food and water and provide supplies necessary for coronavirus positive patients limiting the chances of direct contact with them.
- The ‘remote controlled trolley’ in the robot can collect used plates, bottles, masks and other things to be discarded from the COVID-19 patients or those being quarantined.
- The UV Disinfection chamber equipped with UV light can disinfect the used items and make them safe to handle.
- It can also disinfect contaminated floors with the help of a targeted spray system fixed in it.
- U V lamp-based Room Disinfection System, Disinfectant Fume Generator for room disinfection and 360 Degree IP camera for remote monitoring and communication are the other features of the robot.