Context: Recently, the Chhattisgarh Police has launched a ‘Spandan Campaign’.
About Spandan Campaign
- Its objective is to protect police personnel from depression and stress.
- Under this campaign, Yoga classes, music therapy, interactive programmes and counseling from psychologists will be organized for jawans.
- Senior police officers will visit police lines, police stations and armed forces companies and spend time with the jawans in order to be aware of their problems.
- A special app is being prepared for monitoring the problems of police personnel at the police headquarters level.
- The spirit of this campaign is to ensure that none of the policemen remain depressed and their families can get a healthy environment.