Context: Recently, Finance Department has released ₹427 crore on account of power subsidy to the PSPCL, centrally sponsored schemes, PRTC, and payment for retirement benefits of employees who superannuated till November 15, 2019.
More about News
- ₹100 crore has been released to the PSPCL against agriculture power subsidy to farmers
- ₹163 crore was released for making payments for retirement benefits, including GPF and leave encashment, to employees.
- A sum of ₹36.29 crore has been released for the execution of various development works under NABARD
- ₹64.30 crore on account of medical, petroleum oil and lubricant, water/electricity, material supplies and office expenses till January 29
- The department has released ₹59.16 crore under the centrally sponsored scheme, including Central Road Fund (₹14.01 crore)Integrated Child Development Services (₹14.49 crore), National Livelihood Mission (₹6.67 crore), Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan (secondary) ₹5.60 crore, upgrading of medical college in Amritsar (₹5.56 crore), infrastructure facilities for judiciary (₹4.83 crore), and National Health Mission (₹3.65 crore).
- ₹4.35 crore has been released for other miscellaneous projects/schemes under CSS, including National Rural Drinking Water Mission, Blue Revolution, Modernization of Police Forces, National Education Mission and Swachh Bharat Mission. The department has also released ₹4.25 crore to the PRTC for technical education.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series