Context: Punjab Government has framed a policy for Aadhaar authentication on the Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal for speedy disbursal of fee to intended 3 lakh beneficiaries under the Scheduled Caste (SC) Post-Matric Scholarship scheme.
More about news
- Adhaar authentication would be required on Dr Ambedkar Scholarship Portal.
- The step has been taken to do the speedy disbursal of a fee to the 3 lakh beneficiaries under the Scheduled Caste Post Matric Scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship is to be directly transferred to the Aadhaar linked bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Under the Aadhaar Act, the authentication of Aadhaar is required for the purpose of availing any benefit regarding the scholarships.
- The move is aimed at improving the attendance of the eligible candidates and remove fake applications.
About the Scheme
- Under this Centrally Sponsored Scheme, the beneficiaries are provided with the financial help in post-matric classes such as 10+1, 10+2, Degree course, Master’s degree, Medical and technical professional courses.
- The scheme is valid for those whose parents’ annual income does not exceed ₹ 1.50 lakh per annum.