Context: State government amended the Agriculture Produce Market Rules 2020.
More about news:
- Now, the payment for the products procured from the farmers would be directly credited to the farmers’ account.
- The Arhtiyas or the informal moneylenders used to receive this payment earlier.
- This is a good mode of e-governance, where the government is seeking to ease the lives of its citizens.
- The Arhtiyas will continue receiving the payment of the 2.5% Commission.
- Free the farmers from the trap of the moneylenders.
- Make the farmers dependence of the informal money providers less.
- The debt trap cycle of the farmers could be done away with.
- Many farmer unions and even the World Bank were clamouring for such a step.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series