Context: The state government has decided to implement the DigiLocker scheme to provide citizens a cloud platform for storage, issuance and verification of various important documents and certificates.
- In the first phase, the Punjab School Education Board, Transport and Labour Departments are putting their digitally signed documents related to citizen services in DigiLocker.
About Digital governance
- It is a framework for establishing accountability, roles, and decision-making authority for an organization’s digital presence—which means its websites, mobile sites, social channels, and any other Internet and Web-enabled products and services.
- The Digilocker scheme seeks to reduce the distress and harassment occurring to the individuals while storing their documents.
- The scheme would provide the citizens with a cloud platform for storage, issuance and verification of some vital documents and certificates.
- The scheme is a massive step towards paper governance.
- All the government departments, state Public Sector undertakings, statutory Authorities, autonomous bodies etc will be implementing this scheme.
- Online documents verification by any Organisation could be done through this initiative, after taking the consent from the individual.
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series