Context: Punjab Government will construct 10,000 houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) in 2020-21 in rural areas. The work has already started.
More about news
- To cover more beneficiaries under the scheme, the state government has taken with the Centre the matter related to improvement in the definition of a kutcha house in favour of Punjab
- On the state’s request, a team of experts from the Centre is planning to visit border districts to understand the roofing condition of the houses so that guidelines related to kutcha houses can be relaxed
- Rs1,20,000 is given in three instalments to beneficiaries, under the PMAY-G.
- They are also provided with MGNREGA labour of 90 mandays worth Rs 21,690 and Rs 12,000 for the construction of a toilet. Thus, each eligible family receives Rs1,53,690 for the house
- to bring transparency in the implementation of the PMAY-G, geo-tagged photographs of the houses were uploaded through mobile phone application
Thank you for visiting https://civilsnotebook.com and Join Civils Notebook Punjab PCS 2020 Mock Test Series