Context: Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh remember his late father Maharaja Yadavindra Singh Ji on his birth anniversary.
About Yadavindra Singh:
- Sir Yadavinder Singh (7 January 1914 – 17 June 1974) was the 9th and last Maharaja of Patiala from 1938 to 1971.
- He served as Chancellor of the Chamber of Princes (Narendra Mandal) and played an important role in nation-building by getting the Princely States to accede to the Indian Union.
- He was also an Indian cricketer who played in one Test in 1934.
- He served in the Patiala State Police, became its Inspector General and served in Malaya, Italy and Burma during the Second World War.
- He agreed to the incorporation of the princely state into India on 5 May 1948.
- He was Rajpramukh of the new Indian state of Patiala and East Punjab States Union until it was merged with Punjab in 1956.