Context: Rural area of Moga district has bagged the first rank at the national level in Swachhata Darpan Rural Ranking-2019 under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
More about News
- Moga scores 100 points out of 100 on three parameters.
- 3 Parametres used in the ranking:
- ODF (open defecation-free).
- IEC (information, education, communication and capacity building).
- SLWM (solid and liquid waste management).
- Moga shared the first position with seven other districts in the country.
- With 99.83 score, the rural area of Mohali district got second rank at national level, followed by Fatehgarh Sahib (48th), Barnala (145), Tarn Taran (199) and Ludhiana (210).
- With 45.82 score out of total 100, Faridkot district’s rural area was placed 231st and Patiala at 238th national rank.
- Poorest performer in the state was Pathankot, ending at 576th rank with 25.41 score. Muktsar district was slightly better at 547, Gurdaspur (529), Sangrur (518), Ferozepur (510), Amritsar (471), Bathinda (437) and Hoshiarpur (433) at the national level.
- The rural dominating districts of Mansa and Fazilka stood at 399th and 418th rank, respectively. The performance was calculated on the basis of three parameters: ODF declaration (60% weightage), IEC and capacity building (20%) and SLWM (20%).
- Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2019 is a national survey that reviews the progress of the cleanliness drive in rural areas.