Context: Recently, ‘Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme’ was launched by Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company.
About Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme
- It is a scheme launched for women empowerment.
- Women Self-Help Groups at Gram Panchayat level will work as Nishtha Vidyut Mitra under this scheme.
- It will also increase the revenue collection of the company.
- It has been implemented in all the Gram Panchayats of all 16 districts of Bhopal, Narmadapuram, Gwalior and Chambal divisions of the company’s jurisdiction.
- Under the scheme, women Self-Help Groups will motivate consumers to pay bills online or through the UPAY App, redress of various complaints of consumers like faulty meters and provide new connections through online processes.
- The company will pay incentive to Nishtha Vidyut Mitra for recovery of dues and new connections.